Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Thai Chicken with Basil

Omg. Dinner was AMAZING. This was seriously restaurant quality food. My dad even told me that it was the best meal I've made so far---and I've made some pretty good ones. And it was so easy too!


Thai Chicken with Basil 
Good Housekeeping Light and Healthy Recipes
Prep: 20 min. Cook: 10 Minutes   Serves 4
1 lb chicken breast halves 2 red or green chilies, seeded and cut into matchstrip strips
3 Tbs Asian fish sauce *(I used poblano peppers)
1 Tbs soy sauce 2 tsp fresh peeled ginger
2 tsp olive oil 2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 Tbs brown sugar
1 lg onion cut into 1/4 in slices 1.5 cups fresh basil leaves

1. Cut chicken into 1/4 in slices. In bowl combine fish sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar; add chicken slices, tossing to coat. Marinate 5 min.
2. In 12-in nonstick skillet, heat oil over med-high heath until very hot. Add chicken with marinade, stirring frequently 3-4 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon, set aside.
3. Add onions and stir fry 4 minutes. Stir in chiles, ginger, garlic for 1 minute more.
4. Return chicken to skillet, heat through. Stir in basil leaves
*I also cooked brown rice and stirred it in at the end.



So delicious and filling. On a 1-5 scale, I would definitely give this a 5. 

After dinner we watched "The Last King of Scotland" which I would also give a 5. It was amazing---Forest Whitaker is SUCH a good actor!

2 comments:

Aliza said...

That looks delicious, I'm definitely trying that one out! It totally amazes me how such simple ingredients can be used to create complex and different flavors...it reminds me of Donna Hay recipes!

Anonymous said...

I love the blog (and all the good food)!!!