Sunday, June 29, 2008

Pretend dessert.

Well, to start, Sarah's recent salmon dish looks SO good! I too am a HUGE salmon fan..its just versatile, easy and always delicious. Mm.

Anyways, yesterday I made "inside-out carrot cake cookies" from a recipe I found on Epicurious (LOVE it) http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/INSIDE-OUT-CARROT-CAKE-COOKIES-109346 I know, I know, carrot cake??? But, I wanted to make something as a thank you to a friend, and his absolute favorite dessert is carrot cake. Unfortunately. Besides banana creme pie, this is probably my least favorite dessert (if you can call it that). Although the frosting is pretty yummy. Anyways, these turned out well, as far as I can tell..I didn't actually try one. I did make a few changes by following the 04/05/08 review on this page http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/reviews/INSIDE-OUT-CARROT-CAKE-COOKIES-109346. I also made a totally different frosting than was suggested. I used 8oz cream cheese, 3/4 stick of butter, roughly 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar, a bit of vanilla, and some cinnamon. Honestly, I can't tell you of these were good, but if you like carrot cake, they were an easy alternative to making and frosting an entire cake.


No comments: